Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Watch out for Elena...

This last week I accidentally ran over Emma in the SUV. I was backing out of the garage and felt the car run over something. I thought it was the cat. No, it was my baby girl. She was in the house getting candy and watching cartoons with Tim and then under my car. I don't know why she was out there. She was screaming and bleeding from her chin. I picked her up and ran inside. Grabbing the phone, I called 911 and then called Andrew. The ambulance showed up in a couple of minutes and so did my neighbor, Norma, who's a nurse. She kept telling me she looks good. She's screaming and that's a good thing. They strapped her to a gurney with a neck brace on and we went out to the ambulance. Andrew got home just in time to see us driving down Bountiful Boulevard so he followed. We got to the ER and the bishop was there at the same time...amazing. They wouldn't let us in the room with Emma at first so she was screaming and no one there to comfort her. I thought she had internal injuries or broken bones...something. How can you run over a child and there not be? But the xrays showed nothing broken. Miracle. They did show, however, a space between her skull and her spine. So she had to stay in the neck brace all night long until the MRI machine was open. So that was a lot of fun. She wanted to sit up, roll on her side, have mom hold her. Try to get a 3 year old to lay on her back for 18 hours! So the MRI showed everything was normal and we could go home after she ate some food and stood on her foot. Her foot had a really good scrape and bruising on it. She also had some abrasions on her two arms and chin. But that is all. $4000 later...scrapes and bruises! I can't believe it! But the nightmares are still here. And the tears. And the guilt. She's running around like normal and mom is a wreck! But it's getting better. Thank you for all your phone calls and letters and prayers! I know how blessed and loved we are. Thanks!

No comments: