Sunday, February 11, 2007

The Sound of Music

A new song I discovered... Grace Kelly by MIKA. Love it!!! A little bit disco but it raised my mood. I even ran on the treadmill for 24 minutes because this song got my energy up. Amazing. Those of you who know me know that I haven't run anywhere for about 5 years. So it is truly awe inspiring.
I've also started a new class at the gym. BodyJam. It's one hour of dancing and learning the latest moves. At first I didn't think I was young enough for this class but there are ladies in their 40's so I figured I was okay. And it is a blast! Now I dance around the house and my Josh (who's 15) thinks it is embarassing. Ha! It is so worth it!
I've also recently joined the church choir. I haven't sung in a choir since right out of High School. It has made me rediscover music. I have to remember what all the little nuances of singing require. Crescendo, pianissimo, forte, breathe here. The funny thing is that our choir director keeps calling measures 'verses' and all I keep thinking is "we're on verse 48...man this is a long song!" Ha! The one problem with the choir is that when we have a performance, they meet at 8:30am on Sunday morning. Again, those of you who know me...when have I EVER been up and ready to go at that time in the morning? Please! But I am enjoying the singing part.
Anyway, it has been fun rediscovering music. It makes me feel young and out of my rut. Thanks for letting me share.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Elena,
Love the music insights! Em would be so proud of you for going to ward choir...she's constantly trying to recruit our ward to participate!
Alden