Friday, August 3, 2007

My Stress-Free Weekend






This last weekend, my wonderful hubby sent me to California to stay with Alden and Emily. They are down there for the summer and have a spare room which they offered to anyone who wants to come visit. So here's how it went...
On Friday, I arrive at the Long Beach Airport to my personal cheerleaders rooting me off the airplane. A. and E. were jumping and waving as if they haven't seen me for a year! It was great! Then on the ride home, we could see a fire off in the distance on one of the hills. Alden said, "I think that fire is in our ward." Emily said, "No, that's too far north." Well, Alden was right. It was right behind Emily's house about half a mile. So we watched the helicopters and airplanes fight the fire before we even took in my luggage. Welcome to L.A.
On Saturday, I went and had my haircut by a guy named Tab. Great haircut, love it! Then we went shopping at South Coast Plaza. I bought some new shirts at Nordstrom and then we went to Abercrombie and guess who was at the door waiting for us? A half naked male model greeting everyone who came in. So I asked if I could have my picture taken with him and I sent that picture to my hubby at home. Andrew didn't get it. Oh well.
Then we went to the Corona del Mar beach. This beach is awesome. It's not like Huntington Beach where it's just miles of sand. This one is a little cove with a wave breaker and boats floating and lifeguards and grass and nice beach houses about to fall down the cliff into the water. We went into the water and dodged waves and seaweed and body surfers. Then I treaded water for what seemed like another hour. It was awesome. If only I could do that everyday! Then, all too soon, it was time to go.
On Sunday, Emily sang in sacrament meeting and she was terrific! After church, we just had a relaxing day around the house and cooked dinner. Just what I needed.
On Monday, I went to the Grand Californian on Disney property and had a massage and salt scrub. Ahhh. Way expensive...I'll be paying for that one for awhile. Then walked around Downtown Disney and bought some stuff for the kids. I found some great stickers to go on the back of our car (photo on the right). Later, we were going to rent a little boat and float around Balboa Island and watch the sunset but they were out of boats. So I decided to make my last day memorable and went into Disneyland by myself. It's very different going there without family of any kind. For one thing, you can go on any ride you want and weave in and out of the strollers very quickly. On the other hand, waiting in lines more than 20 minutes long gets kind of lonely. So I text messaged Andrew while in line. He couldn't believe I went into the park by myself. He was way jealous and told me I owe him big time! And I do.
So there is my itinerary of my trip to L.A. by myself. I would do it again but bring Andrew with me. Next time...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for coming down! We had so much fun. Next time Andrew will have to come too!