Friday, January 30, 2009

The glass is half full...empty...no, full...

I've had a really hard week and so, in order to stay positive, I will report all the good things that have happened this week.
I finished a book, The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch. It was very informative and wish that my children would read it.
I volunteered at preschool today and while there, listened to the kids sing Oh my darlin' Valentine. The girls sang it correctly, singing "I will kiss you, I will hug you, oh my darlin' Valentine" while the boys sang it their way (because they hate love, love, love!!), sang it as"I will punch you, I will shoot you, oh my darlin' Valentine". Even at age 4 and 5, they can think to substitute their own versions of love!
Josh actually thanked me for giving him a ride home.
I finished piecing a mini quilt and was able to move on to a new project.
I heard that my brother actually came through town this week and said Hi to my parents before going back to Colorado.
The sun came out today. There was a line at the car wash. That's very optimistic of people in January...
Trying to get out of this rut I'm in...

1 comment:

Lucy said...

Elena, those quilts are awesome! I'm very impressed. Quilts, scrapbooks, hair: you are one creative gal. I especially love the third one down, Rooibos, and the border on the snowman kit one is especially adorable.