Friday, February 13, 2009

Some of My Winter Projects


Walking in a Winter Wonderland 65" x 72" This was a quilt-block-of-the-month club quilt. Every first Saturday I go down to the Quilter's Haven and we get our next block assignment. I'm doing another one this year.

Novantique by Shnibbles 26" x 32" This was just a fun little quilt. It took about 2 weeks from start to finish. Now I need to quilt it.

Rooibos by Shnibbles 26" by 32" Another fun, quick quilt. I had most of the material at home already. About 1 week worth of cutting and sewing. Again, need to quilt it still.

This one was a kit that I purchased from the quilt store. It had all the material pre-cut. All I had to do was sew. One day of cutting pieces and one day of sewing. No one believes me but all you need is a day of heavy snow outside and no where to go...

This was a quilt-block-of-the-month club quilt from a couple of years ago. I finished piecing it in 2006 and just learned to machine quilt this year. So now it is finished. 47" x 62" I'm very proud that I did this one from start to finish. Most people have their quilts sent out to be finished by a professional machine quilter. I didn't want that. I took a class on machine quilting and now I can do it myself! It's not perfect but neither am I!!

No comments: